Thursday, April 21, 2011

a movie watching challenge

I have yet to check, but if you typed in "365 movies in 365 days" into google I am sure you'd see dozens of similar blogs where people attempt to watch one movie a day for an entire year. It sounded totally awesome in my mind, except that it was way too awesome to be a completely original idea. So, after finally typing said phrase into google it confirmed what I suspected, that I was devoid of any creativity whatsoever. But that won't stop me from trying to do it! I already invested two hours of my day watching a movie and created a new blog so I'm pretty much committed, right? So mark this day, April 21, 2011, down on your calendar as the day I officially start the 365 movies in 365 days challenge. (I could have started it yesterday, but I figured I should start with a real movie and not Mega Shark vs Crocosaurus, not that I won't be watching my share of totally rad movies. Yes, rad, not bad.)

So how is this blog going to be different from the others? Given that I am too lazy to check these other blogs out, I'm just going to make some reasonable assumptions. 1.) The other bloggers are cinephiles, aka film snobs, while I am your average newbie that fell asleep through an entire quarter of African Americans in Cinema. So while they watched Transformers to ridicule Michael Bay, I watched it because robots kick ass. Oh, and Megan Fox. 2.) They are probably good writers who took creative writing in college; I once got an A on an essay I wrote in high school English, no wait, honors English and I haven't written more than four consecutive paragraphs in over five years. 3.) This challenge was difficult at times for them because they had to balance between their stressful job, family, relationships and personal crisises while taking the time to watch movies and write about them. I, on the other hand, have so much free time on my hands that I decided to take on this challenge.

So if you want to read a poorly written, uniformed blog about my daily adventures and random thoughts, I invite you on my journey!

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool!!!

    I am your biggest fan, "Chris."

    I'm rooting for you to do this! 365 in 365! You can do it! UCSB doesn't raise quitters!!!

    I wish I could do it with you, but I'm one of those poor bastards juggling the "stressful job, family, relationships and personal crisises," as you so aptly put it. Dammit! Wanna trade? Ha ha.

    Seriously though... this kicks ass.

    How are you picking the movies?

    Do you take recommendations?

    Where can I buy the "Chris Watches Movies" t-shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the extent you know already, you should provide a schedule of your upcoming expected viewings to your fans!

    By the way, are these all going to be movies you've never seen before? Is that the idea? I don't remember if you specified or not.

    ReplyDelete