Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bonus - The Chaperone

The Chaperone (2011) directed by Stephen Harek


Note: I'm not going to include this movie into my official count, so consider this one a freebie! You're welcome.

Honestly I don't even know how I ended up watching this movie. I got home last night a lot earlier than I thought I would and wasn't tired enough to sleep but not quite awake enough to watch anything meaningful. So fiddling around Netflix on my iPad (product placement), I stumbled upon this gem and just pressed play to see what Triple H was up to. For those of you who don't know who Triple H, or the Cerebral Assassin, is, where were you in the 1990's? This dude has won more championships than Hulk Hogan and The Rock combined! I think Dwayne Johnson can rest easy though; his spot as the best wrestler turned movie star ever is safe.

So, anyways, before I know it I'm 15 minutes into the movie and I still haven't seen anything terrifically bad to laugh at yet and was getting somewhat annoyed that this movie was starting to look passable. Then by the time I hit the 30 minute mark, I see that I'm still not any more tired than I was before and there's only about an hour left to go. Ray-Ray (Triple H) is just starting to try to reconnect with his long lost daughter after seven years in the slammer, so I figured I'd see how this one would play out. And then an hour later, it's 2:00 am and Ray-Ray regains his daughter's trust and love and the world is a happier place.

Okay, obviously the movie is not good. Despite being labeled as a comedy, it's not very funny, but I guess you can call it fun? Eh, not really. It's sort of just there. This movie has already taken up more time of my life (and yours now by reading this post) than it deserves, so I'll just leave it at that. It's definitely not the worst movie I've seen though, which was kind of a bummer.

Grade: D


- This movie also has a scene where an Asian guy goes all crazy with his kung fu only to be scared away by Triple H's mere presence, marking the second time I've seen this set up in the same day with two different movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment